PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair Lexington Crash CVR
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2007, 07:18
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 411A
The salary at Comair has absolutely nothing to do with this KLEX accident, and it more than likely would have happened if the crews salary was twice what it was.
The VERY basic fact is, poor training combined with a culture that is NOT safety oriented, which is confirmed by the CVR transcript.
These Comair guys are there simply because they hope to either have (eventually) the regional salaries higher (not likely to happen) or they hope to get hired by a major carrier....where they will find declining salaries, and there is positively nothing that they or ALPA/APA can do about it.
Period.
If bigger bucks are required (to hit on the babes etc) then these guys might as well try Subway management.
Indeed, by the looks of the transcript perhaps this is where they belong.
In short, shape up, or ship out.
Dude, you are such a jack-ass. The salary at Regional airlines in general is indicative of the tough conditions that pilots working there have to face. It goes hand in hand with how overworked and fatigued they are. Sometimes I wish that non-pilot morrons like 411A would stick to commenting on ****t they know more about (ie, nothing). I really don't think PPrune is for you.

Having read the transcript, the only thing that is really clear to me is that they were both extremely tired and not thrilled about their jobs. Most of the conversation is spent talking about "moving on". Not to mention how the FO called for the briefing even though it had already been completed. Less than 10 hours on overnights? That probably includes time traveling to and from the hotel and going through the ridiculous TSA loops.

This should be a wake up call to the FAA and NTSB. They guys messed up, there is no covering that. But what needs to be scrutinized is that they were definetely affected by Fatigue. This should be "the straw that broke the camels back" for overhawling the Duty/Flight time limitations. They are outdated and something needs to be done to ensure the proper rest of crewmembers.