PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2007, 05:15
helfsich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accomodation

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well. Just a few things I'd like to add...

With regards to internet connection, even though you may have to wait until you get your residence visa to get broadband installed, in the meantime if you have a landline phone (which EK provide anyway) you can use the Etisalat dial up. It's slow, but it does the job, and you only really use it for emails to family and friends when you're in training college.

Also, on the second day of interviews, and they ask you whether or not you're a smoker, PLEASE answer this correctly, and do not say that you're a non-smoker when you actually are in the hopes that it will increase your chances of getting the job. The recruiters don't take the habit into account when selecting crew, this question is purely used to find suitable housemates. I have been placed with 2 smokers because of this, which is very stressful seeing as though I'm asthmatic.

If you are placed into one of the older apartments, with 3 housemates, and you're assigned either a 'B' or 'C' bedroom, you'll probably share a bathroom. If it's just a 2 bedroom apartment then you have you're own bathroom, but size tends to vary greatly. This is only relavant to the buildings on Shiekh Zayed Rd and the Gahoud area though, in all the new buildings such as Government and Millenium Tower the crew have their own individual bathrooms/ensuites.

Worldwaiting - I can wholeheartedly assure you EK don't do the smile test and the vein check at recuitment. So long as you have a big bright and warming smile during the interview you'll make the recruiter's day.