PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apache and Royal Marines
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2007, 03:28
NURSE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
firstly lets deal with how the british armed forces deal with casualties. A casualty can only be pronounced dead by a doctor. And I'm sure the Chinook with the IRT team and its doctor did this at the cross over between apache and chinook. the body would then be taken to the nearest Role 3 facility for identification and continuation of cascomp proceedures to make sure the correct information was relayed to the UK so the family could be infromed. The identification will include recording of injury and issuing of death certificate and cooperation with various concerned agencies like the RMP who will take evidence etc. the body will then be prepared for transport back to the UK all this is best done at the hospital which has a 'morgue facility'.
I would agree that the Chinook and support hele crews are well placed to have carried out this operation. But given the scale of the operation and the megre assets allocated I would sugest that the government is playing fast and loose with brave men and womens lives.