PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting note about AA Airbus crash in NYC
Old 19th Jan 2007, 21:17
Mad (Flt) Scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airsupport
Well that explains your position on this, by "every single one of our types", I take you work for Airbus?
You admit here that your aircraft are not designed to withstand all the stresses that may occur during flight, yet still it is not your fault, you blame the dead Pilot.
Actually, no I do not work for Airbus, and never have. I have no reason to be biased towards them, or to blame anyone. I find it interesting that you assume that I must be coming from a position of inherent bias.

Once again, because you seem determined to ignore this point:
This could have happened similarly to any airliner in service today.

No-one - not Airbus, not Boeing, not Embraer, not Bombardier, no-one - designs their aircraft to sustain any conceivable control inputs. It's not an "admission", it's a simple statement of fact. Furthermore, the regulations to which all those aircraft are certified don't REQUIRE any conceivable control inputs to be considered; there are very specific cases defined, and if you do something more extreme than those cases, you are in unknown, and potentially VERY dangerous territory.

And if you read the NTSB report you'll see that they don't "blame the dead pilot" -at least not solely. As always, any accident has a number of causes, and the manner in which the aircraft was flown was but one part of the puzzle. There do seem to be some specifics of the flight control design which renders this design more vulnerable to such an event.