PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal Conviction A Problem?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2007, 17:31
spitfire_007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello ppruners - clarification on 'minor offences'

I am new to this forum and I have read the whole thread on criminal convictions etc. I would be most grateful if someone on here, could help me with some information with regards to spent convictions on the Police National Computer (PNC).

Is it correct that convictions become spent after 5 years (depending on the length of sentence given) and are subsequently wiped from the PNC once spent? What is classed as a 'minor' offence?

I was bound over for being drunk and disorderly eight years ago and I am worried that this may have an effect on finding a job as a commercial airline pilot upon completing my training if a standard or enhanced discloure is required (in terms of national security).

I know basic disclosures do not show spent convictions but there is absolutely no guarantee, that following the tragic events of 9/11, Airlines won't request that all pilots have a standard or enhanced discloure certificate and Aviation will remain unexempt from the RoA.

I have sent off an application from to see what information the Police hold about me on the PNC.

Any information would be of help.....thank you