PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2007, 10:35
OzyOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Worldwaiting, keep us update on your progress regarding your EK application. With the girl who had varicose veins, I can kind of see where the airline could be coming from with those as they can be dangerous when flying as you are in a higher risk catergory for DVT (deep vein thrombosis), so I think with Varicose veins, she might have a problem with every airline she tries to fly for....poor chicken.

Hi as well to sue-pergirl, to try and answer some Q's for you, EK supplies you with your entire uniform (including luggage)

Depending on where EK will place you for housing, I cant really say for sure that there will be existing internet connection available. Usually if your lucky enough to move in with someone who is already established here, then they might already have the internet connection available (wireless) for you to use and then you just go halves in the cost. They have all internet connection available here. I just had broadban wireless installed and it works fantastic in mine and my flatmates room. It can take some time to have it installed from when you arrive as you will need to take a copy of your residence visa, which unfortunately you wont get until you finish your ground school.

The accomodation is great (especially for the fact that its free!) my location is fantastic and i am very happy with it all.

You can be placed in an apartment with either one or 2 flatmates. The bedrooms are very spacious and you will all have your own bathrooms (being a girl.....absolute must for me!!!) Before you move here, they will ask you to fill out a housing questionare, this is to find out whether you smoke or not, have any pets, and make any special requests (within reason ofcourse). The accomodation is placed all over Dubai, but the most common residential building that they are filling at present is the millenium tower on sheikh Zayed Rd, and on this main road is where alot of the accomodation buildings are also placed.

The accomodation should also have a gym and pool facilities, but unfortunately cant promise state of the art facilities for all accomodation buildings. But not to worry as when you graduate, you will be given an airline membership card, that will give you great discounts on certain health clubs, bars, retaurants etc (the gym down the road from me is fantastic, with state of the art equipment and with the airline membership card, we get to use it for free!)

So there you have it, hope I have been able to help.

Cheers