PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2007, 09:20
Rimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JoeTom
Thanks for the reply and i do hope today brings something positive.

With regards to the pension ( and this is an engineer speaking ) the pilots and yourselves have a slightly better deal than i But >>>

As we are all going STRAIGHT to a 65 NRD date now ( rather than any 5 year transitions as previous ) it was identified by Balpa that the 5 years has a monetary value, what has happened to dampen the effect of the 5 years is that amount ( £15 Million i believe ) has been split between Pilots and yourselves to buffer it, in the pilots that's uplifting their Pensionable pay to 95% ( only that accrued after April 07 is at 95% ) but not sure how that is for yourselves, i know its a buffer for all those that were due to retire at 55.
Is that fair? well initially i was angry about it, however when i found out the full details and considering you guys were on a promised NRD of 55 then i guess it maybe is.

Saying that --- If the pilots stay on to 60 and a lot already want to then all it does is give them more money ( which is going to cost me loads for the same ), how will our lot see this - badly i suspect!

Last edited by Rimmer; 19th Jan 2007 at 10:04.