PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2007, 02:41
ands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hazzelika

I'm glad that my advice made sense. You are always more than your job. I know that not being very satisfied in your job can really affect the way you feel generally, but you can often draw from other areas of your life. And if you don't get a position with EK, at least you can reapply. I am sure there are careers (and employers) out there that only give you one chance.

Aiskilus

I totally empathise with wanting to present the best possible 'image' on the day. However, being male myself, i wouldn't wear any type of make up. I imagine Emirates are one of the more conservative airlines when it comes to physical appearance, and i doubt that males would be allowed to wear make up.

Anyway, by the sounds of it, your scars aren't that bad. And, i bet that you are the only one that notices them. It's like when you notice that you have a stain on your t-shirt (of course, you only ever notice about 5 minutes after you've left the house), and you spend the whole day walking around thinking that everyone is looking at this huge stain. In actual fact, they probably haven't even noticed it.

I think it is best to turn up on the day and be you. You don't want to present an unblemished face (thanks to make up) only to be offered a job and having to apply make up for the rest of the time you work with EK just to make sure you meet the company's grooming standards.

It would be the same as someone who is usually a grumpy person presenting themself as really friendly on the day of the assessment. If such a person were to be offered a position based on this false image, they are going to be pretty miserable when they are expected to actually be friendly as a part of their job!

Jo85
Congratulations!

Last edited by ands; 19th Jan 2007 at 09:59.