PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 735 Fuel Management
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2007, 00:42
bfisk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
735 Fuel Management

Hi all,

This might not be the appropriate forum - but I'll give it a try anyhow. As a flight instructor dreaming of bigger and better stuff, I often fly the 737 PIC package by Wilco for FS2004. It's supposed to be pretty realistic, is what they say anyhow. Have a scenario from here:

Took off from Malta enroute to Liverpool on a 737-500 with both L and R main tanks full, and about 6000lbs in center tank; a pretty good little fuel load for the 3.5 hr flight. Should leave me with about 1 hr reserve based on 6000lbs/hr fuel flow. Enroute I figured that for some reason fuel was only being fed from main tanks, not from center tank. Upon capturing glideslope into Liverpool I got Low Pres warning lights for left tank with associated master caution. Landed uneventfully and upon exiting runway, right low fuel pres warning lights came on. Hoping for fuel to now be routed from ctr tank, I continued taxiing to stand, only to find that left engine shut down when I tried to start APU. Right engine continued long enough for me to be able to reach my parking.

So; is it FS that is unrealistic or is there some magic to the fuel management I'm unaware of? The switches on the fuel management panel are 2x3 fuel pumps and a cross feed switch. How can I use center tank fuel?

Thanks =)