PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas must break unions: Ryanair co-founder
Old 18th Jan 2007, 22:17
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find interesting is that we are being continually bombarded by interviews with the corporate types telling us how greedy we are and that the fault with everything is done to us.

As has been mentioned Qantas looks as though it will make a NEW record profit well over a $1 billion. This of course according to people like Kell Ryan has nothing to do with it's employees.

When asked if you have to offer employees lower money he waivers for a second and then say's ": Well, you can… no, you don't have to pay them less. "

But in the same interview tell us that Ryanair has the lowest cost base...WTF

How do you get that if you don't lower pay and conditions?

So the employee gets less,the pax invariably gets less service and the only one who makes more is ....drum roll please...yes thats right the bosses.They should change the name from LCC to High Paid Bosses Airline or HPBA or GIGA....Greed Is Good Airline

I think it is time for the unions to make public the pay and pay rises afforded to Qantas bosses especially compared to other airlines with larger fleets.I cannot understand why our unions are not doing any PR.The letter by the QF F/O to the AFR was fantastic.

We have to fight fire with fire

Sunfish ....Are you still peeved about Ansett going the way of the Dinosaurs..and I forgot your brilliant SIA wants to relocate their staff in Australia,NZ the US and Canada to India.Yep they are really interested in others