PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC Article Claims St Athan Favourite for New Training Centre
Old 18th Jan 2007, 19:04
Truck2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some may say that I am bias since I live here in S. Wales but the reaction from the Cosford bid is natural. It is no different than the reaction we had when the rug was pulled from under us with the Red Dragon hangar.
Putting it in it's simpliest way no wants to lose, (if lose is the word).The contract had to go to someone and there will always be those that will be effected by the 'wrong' decision.
I stand in this dirty great £108Mill hangar and look at 5 FJ aircraft. Who the hell made that decision? The same bunch that made this one only the head honcho is different.
I am still in employment here and will be for some time to come with the 10s but, (no matter what anyone says), no one here will gain from this. I would suggest that all those in the posts at Cosford update their CVs and look to the future because you are the ones that will benefit. Gen up on the TUPE rules because, sure as hell, after the Tornado/Harrier-balls up by MOD, you WILL be asked to move or lose your VER.
Monkeybumhead
St. Athan has been running with lean for quite a few years. VMF is not only looked upon as a Lean business but as a bench mark by industry on Lean. (That is not DARA Borg speak, it came from the aviation industry themselves).
I suppose that this can be looked upon as a Military aircrew thread. (You break 'em, we fix 'em).