PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Single Pilot Citation Captains out there?
Old 18th Jan 2007, 16:25
ssg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single Pilot Exemption Holder

I am actualy letting the cat out of the bag here..

The Cable airport crash was such that all occupents got out of the aircraft(3)
Hence technicaly, no fatalities.

One died about 2 months later of complications due to burns, both others were burned and required lots of hospital stays...long talks with the pilot, elicited some interesting lessons, and keep in mind I flew this plane....

The point....I understand the NTSB will count the bodies at the scene not follow up to see who died weeks or months later....interesting distinction with regard to statistics...

As I understand, to this date not one current, ATP rated, single pilot exemption holder(4050), who is paid to fly, not a biz owner, has cracked up a plane he was exempted to fly in. And keep in mind the exemption is for the heavier faster Part 25 aircraft, no Cjs, and 550SP, or 501s, ect. Much more stringent requirement, recurrent training, ect.

So yeah, I am sure some guy with an exemption hopped into a Bonanza and bought it at some time, or a some biz owner flying 50 hours a year, has a heart attack, ect, ect. I am just curious if one doing his job, flying the plane he had an exemption in, screwed up. Sooner or later it might happen, but Cessna told me about a year ago, it never has in 20 years.

Personaly at this stage I wouldn't mind flying crew, just to have someone to talk to, clean the plane, be my hangar biotch, warm up my car, do the charts......ect......