PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - upgrade failure rates / sacked while in trainig
Old 18th Jan 2007, 13:55
FlexibleResponse

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
As an F/O, a new Captain said to me, "When I was an F/O nobody wanted to hear what I had to say. Now that I am a Captain, everybody listens to my every word."

When you get your upgrade to Captain , remember to treat your F/O and crew with respect and treat them in a way that you would have wanted to have been treated. Don't abuse the position of power and the respect that has been bestowed upon you with the upgrade.

There is nothing new in aviation. When you become part of the C&T section, "son of 5G" will be up your clacker like a rat up a drainpipe. This is time-honoured and healthy and part of the apprenticeship.

Use your time to pick the best from the best you fly with and put that into your personal toolbox.

When you fly with the worst, rather than hiding in your corner of the cockpit, try to enhance the mission with your own personal qualities and make a difference. When you can meet that challenge, you will have arrived.

Happy landings!