PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC causing a stir in the Western Isles
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2007, 13:40
Highland Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Droopystop
Its about time something happened that shows up the standard of man management being displayed at HIAL at the moment.
One has to ask why have so many people left (not just ATCOs but also very experienced ops managers, fire fighters etc) in the last 20 months.
There are press hounds out there onto this and for once I hope they drag up all the dirt on this one.
Indeed.
HIAL management have been aware for months and months that SRATCOH closures at Stornoway were inevitable if nothing was done to address the staffing issues. I have sympathy for the Airlines and passengers who suffer disruption as a result, but I also have great empathy for the Stornoway staff who are now being asked to do the impossible. I suspect that they'll have pressure placed on them to bust SRATCOH regulations right,left and centre. Personally, I hope the lads up there adhere strictly to the regulations. Management should expect ATC staff to show a degree of flexibilty within reason but should not expect them to break the regulations. I doubt very much that Stornoway would risk flouting SRATCOH under normal circumstances, but it's probably even less likely in the present climate.

Last edited by Highland Director; 18th Jan 2007 at 23:08.