PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia IV
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2007, 11:41
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thread will not be closed as long as people wish to contribute to it. If you don't wish to contribute to it - then don't: If you don't wish to read it - then don't.

The issue on the QF threads is not, and never has been, what is said - it has always been how it is said.

IMHO the real tragedy of the entire QF situation is not what has happened to you, although the writing was on the wall right from the start for those who chose to read it: The real tragedy is that you have all allowed yourself to be too easily distracted from the real enemy by fighting amongst yourselves - S/H, L/H, Union, Casuals, Government, Jetstar - the list goes on. If just once you had allowed yourselves to stop for a moment, put aside your differences and get organised, you might have stood a chance.

For the record, my UK employer has been going through similar pain levels over the past few years - my job, money & T&C's have deteriorated sharply: There is little or no value placed on experience or ability, and a great deal placed on cheap Eastern European labor and tedious teenage wannabees, both of whom are prepared apparently, to work for virtually nothing. I am not an asset to the company, but a liability - So I've been there, drunk the coffee and bought the Tee-Shirt.

Still, that's just my opinion, and one thing is for sure - my opinion matters not one tiny bit to my employer, or yours or anybody else - the world just keeps turning. The only area where my thoughts matter is in policing the behaviour on this and other threads, and that's what I intend to continue doing.