PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2007, 07:39
Sta_Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been there, dont that!

Hello everyone!

Its been a while since i last posted anything on this forum. Let me start off by wishing luck to all those who have GAD's & OD's coming up! Be calm & be smart!

Reading this forum really helped calm my nerves & prepared me for the activities that one can expect on the assessment day (mine was on the 16th of Jan, btw).

In my experience, the entire day was more of a learning experience rather than anything else. I met some lovely girls who genuinly had the skills to get along with others (a people's person so to speak) and then some not so genuine people (who actually just faked being nice because the interviewers were watching them!).

And the surprising part is that 99% of the 'not-so-genuine' people are the one who actually got though to the final interview. So i guess that EK must be changing the requirements of who to hire.

Also, please dont be too bothered about your make up or shoes, just make sure:

1. you are neat & clean (50% of the final applicants werent even dressed in normal business attire)
2. SMILE but dont over do it.
3. make sure you add to a discussion and BE HEARD(dont be pushy, big difference between the two!!). I know this goes against whatever was said before in this forum, but this was my observation!

Lastly, very important, the interviewer will make up her mind about you in the first 5-8 seconds she sees you so thats basically your chance to impress her, should she not be impressed, no matter what you say after that it doesnt matter! Remember EK received 18,000 applications for CC every month (thats alot compared to other airlines)

Just in case you are wondering, we were 126 applicant that were invited for the GAD, only 6 were selected. I felt really bad for some of them who should have really gotten a chance to fly because those are the kind of people most of us would like to be with on a 16 hour flight at 30,000 feet!People who are professional, friendly and have a genuine interest in helping others!! oh well c'est la vie... life is life!

I didnt mean to be a damp towel & sound bitter but I want everyone going for the interview to be ready and PLEASE remember that if you dont get in now, its not the end of the world! Keep the faith....