PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2007, 00:44
ands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all

EKwannabe, Casablanca85 and OzyOS

Thank you so much for all of your advice and help. So many details that I (and I am guessing most other applicants) would not have considered. So again, thanks for the insights.

The Open Day is in mid-February (in SYD). Definitely plenty of time to prepare. And of course i'll let you know how I go; it's the least I could do after all your help!

I am definitely wary of giving a professional rather than student image. Considering i've just finished uni, i don't want to give the impression that i'm only applying for a position as cabin crew because i "couldn't think of anything else to do" or thought it would be "something different for a year". Hopefully my stable employment history and the fact that I am not seeking work in the field that i studied (both of which i can prove) will communicate my commitment.

OzyOS
You mentioned about the application number that you can write on your forms on the Open Day. Is this the same as the reference number that you use to recall your application?

Also, with the reports (from uni) that i mentioned, would it be worthwhile highlighting the sections i feel are relevant (eg those dealing with communication, teamwork, etc) to save the recruiters the time of reading through the rest of the report? I don't want to seem presumptuous or communicate the message that "I know exactly what you are looking for!"

Thanks also for debunking a lot of the myths that people create about EK's recruitment. The amount of times i have read on these forums that "A friend's sister who knows someone whose Aunty lives next door to a person whose daughter works for EK told me that EK are only hiring left-handed females with light brown hair that were born in the UK during the month of September". The more you read the more you start to think, "well maybe they are only recruiting...".

I am presuming that those of you who provided all of the advice are either current/training/wannabe EK crew. So i'll cover all the basis here by whishing you good flights/good marks/good luck!