PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 3
Thread: BRISTOL - 3
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 20:17
fyrefli
The Analog Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MerchantVenturer
The Flyer service, operated by 50-seat First Coaches on behalf of the airport, runs every fifteen minutes from/to Temple Meads Station from early to late (although frequency drops to a 30-minute one from mid evening) and it is possible to book through-rail journeys direct to/from the airport using the coach for the last/first bit, a 25-minute journey.
As Temple Meads is on a main-line railway ‘crossroads’ with regular services in all directions it means access can be gained from many areas. Any arriving rail passengers at TM can be sure of an ongoing connection to the airport within a few minutes.
They bloomin' well can't, you know. First need to get their act sorted because several times recently, the most recent being last Sunday, I've personally seen people not be able to get on the flyer because it's full - and I'm talking in both directions. It's annoying when it's full at BIA; it's just not acceptable when people making connections have to wait half an hour at BTM. Trying to get on at one of the intermediate stops is a complete lottery. First are walking a very fine line and we've all seen recently how easily you can suddenly end up on the wrong side of acceptable.

And I speak as very much a Flyer evangelist and regular long-term customer.