PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook
Thread: Thomas Cook
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 20:12
Psr777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlideBlower
i worked for thomas cook a few years ago.
i found them to be the biggest pile of sh@#t to ever grace the skies.
poor pay,long hours and management structure that was wobbly at best.
having said that improvements may have been made,for your sake i hope they have.
good luck,you may need it!.
Not sure which base you flew from, or how long you lasted... TCX are one of the best paying leisure airlines in the UK, and have been for some time now.
With everything included, commission, basic, aba, main crew can expect to take home at least £1500 , in particular in during the winter when the trips are longer.
Even during the summer season, with new entrant crew operating long haul to Eastern Canada, take home pay is pretty decent. This summer has been a hard one, but in general when I was a Cabin Manager with them, I rarely operated more than 8 or 9 duties per month and that was during the summer.
TCX are operating more longer short haul flights to SSH, HRG etc and the money the crew earn on that is excellent. Yes the days are long, but what leisure airline doesn't have long days.
If you want shorter flights, then I suppose Easy Jet suits, but surely those days are just as long with multi sectors?
Flying_Sarah747 - As with all leisure airlines in economy on short haul, all the drinks from the bar are chargeable.
If you fancy champagne to start you off though, best make sure to speak to the crew when you board as they sell out v quickly on ski flights. Hope you have a good flight.
Safe Flying All