PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 19:57
atyourcervix73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bush,
Have a look at my profile good sir, then perhaps you may revisit what you THINK I do, or indeed who I am.

I too am married to CC, and I too have over 2 decades in this industry, but unlike you, I would rather loyal and hardworking employee's be treated with dignity and respect, instead of being treated with thinly disguised contempt and derision.

I agree with you regarding the perceived ease of replacing cabin crew, however, WW has no stomach or ability to replace even 5% of those who take industrial action (his CC training Dept has been cut to bits in recent years), quite simply his company is in a tedious position. Investor support will evaporate should the industrial crisis get worse (baggage handlers, ground staff, and franchise issues) not to mention a quickly shrinking customer base fed up with constant disruption.

Add all these factors up, and it is clear to see WW has more to consider than just continuity of BASSA's industrial approach.

I suspect BA viewed a 96% ballot, as a potential worst case...my sources suggest they were expecting around 55%, I know New Road didn't expect the levels to be this high.