PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 18:38
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People need to look at themselves. Imagine that you went home from work on Friday on one set of terms and conditions. On going back to work on Monday, you were informed that, although you have been received these terms and conditions for some time, they were now felt to be too generous, so they must be reduced.

We as a human race should be striving to work less and get paid more, not the other way round. I am very sure someone will benefit greatly from squeezing employee resource, but I can honestly say, it will be a chalk striped City type on a six figure bonus, not someone flying off on a longhaul night flight. It is these very people you should be directing the growing cost of flying to. They want to fly in absolute luxury and be served by happy smiling people. Make them pay that little bit more and allow the person serving them maintain their benefits

As I have said before, my company have been in negotiations (4 years) to get a curtain put round a couple of seats at the back of our longhaul jets to allow crew to sit down for 1/2hr of privacy, that doesn't involve sitting oon a bar box in a busy galley. My company is wrong; BA current terms and conditions are not wrong.

I fear for the day when one of my colleagues drives home from an exausting duty, has a crash and dies.