PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 16:27
Wycombe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
From a Customer perspective

A couple of weeks ago, the wife and I decided we would take a trip at Feb half-term to Prague, that's us and 2 kids.

Spent an evening surfing around the likes of all the LCC's that fly from LGW/LTN/STN/BHX/BRS/BOH/EMA to PRG and after all that found that the cheapest fare for the 4 of us (£350) was BA from LHR (also cheaper than BA from LGW on the dates chosen!).

Great I thought - full-service airline, decent flight times, closest airport (although it's a dump!), but good result

However, my enthusiasm should have been tempered by the fact that BA is now probably the Worlds most unreliable major airline (for one reason or another). I should have guessed that our plans would be potentially screwed by something like this.

To all those that are whinging about having to have a "chat" after 10 days off sick - what's the problem? If you are genuinely ill, I say again, what's the problem?

Or, perhaps I've hit the nail on the head.

Be ashamed, and ready to reap what you sowed - the lot of you!

Editted to add some context: The above may seem harsh, but that's the reality of Commercial Organisations (ones that will survive, anyway) in 2007. I say that as an employee of a Co. that has shed 15000 workers in the last 2 years (in the same timeframe, the share price has doubled!). No one likes it, but get used to it!

Last edited by Wycombe; 17th Jan 2007 at 21:32.