PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 3
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 3
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 15:12
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think a few of the senior management are a bit worried about the possible sale. They are pushing the business as usual line a bit harder than expected. i suspect a few heads nearer the top of the tree to be dispatched should the sale go ahead.
I also suspect that the amount of investment required to make it the airport it should be would put many off.
although spouting about encouraging long haul they are busy turning everything low cost.
The business has covered everything done so far. The investors (?) have not exactly given large cash injections to fuel growth on a major scale.
Maquerie pulling out because it needs to cover activity at other airports. Not exactly a glowing reference for the potential at BHX.
The staff moral is at an all time low, even before the sell off rumors began.
All they have to look forward to is more contracting out.
The consensus of staff opinion is that they would like to see Branson buy into the business. Whether this would make a difference or not I don't know. I suspect the staff are just grasping at straws. One thread throughout conversations is that if that lot at Diamond House are first to go then at least some justice would be served.
It really is a sorry state of affairs for what should be a Premier gateway to the UK.