PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC Article Claims St Athan Favourite for New Training Centre
Old 17th Jan 2007, 13:48
splitbrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by formertonkaplum
If this is going to be the new 'Centre for excellence' does that mean until now, our training has been below standard?
Listening to some of the hyperbole and guff thats been sprouted over the past few months, you would genuinely think it has! Some of the language used has been quite offensive to the current staff who have been delivering training to service personnel for a good few decades now, and whatever one thinks of the training regime its done a pretty good job IMHO.
We have been told, for example, that we would receive the necessary training to deliver the highest quality of technical instruction, oh really So we haven't been capable of doing that up to now then?
An in-house bid was not considered because it couldn't be innovative enough, oh really I can't be innovative in the way I do my job then? Bollox!

Our good commandant was accompanied by a Prof Molineux who apparently headed up the decision making team. he gave a quick spiel on the whys and wherefors of the decision and at the end stated that it wasn't a political decision..... Really? So why the hell did you feel the need to tell us that then eh prof