PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement Age 60?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 12:05
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jacobus,
je ne parle pas francais mon ami! As you pointed out to Harbour dweller, I am also on the 'right' side of 50 so can be idealistic instead of pragmatic!

I can understand people wanting the option of working beyond 55 here...but I can't see how it can be introduced without seriously disadvantaging most pilots! I am still in awe of the 'it allows more expansion so your command will come quicker' theory...or should the word be heresy. I did well at maths at school, I did fourier transforms at university, but this piece of mathematics is beyond me.

Maybe it is time to fly in the "wheel chair guy"(homer simpson quote;-) steven hawking to explain to us simpleton pilots how having 300 captains not leaving over the next 5 years is good for FO/SOs. And maybe while he is here he can expain how it is discriminatory to make a guy leave at 55 but it is not discriminatory to extend him on C scales...as I read in a newsletter a few months ago. Guess that is why I will never be management, I never did learn the art of 'double think'! Orwell would be disappointed in me!

happyhappy or should that be hoi hoi saam saam,
I note your concern but I can assure you I am doing this for good intentions. I wish to have an input into the AOA in future on this issue...I was involved a few years back on the numbers side of things. What I want to know is what people want so I can try to quantify the costs/benefits. I do know for a fact that KRB and NPR did read CPRUNE so I am pretty sure that NPR or lacky would read PPRUNE. I do not think that a few people stating their thoughts here will hurt any future negotiation. At the end of the day it will come down to a vote, sign or be fired or some sort of governmental anti age discrimination intervention. So nothing that is said here would prejudice any of those outcomes.

PS the AOA forums seem pretty quiet. Not many people read/post there! And like CPRUNE, I would be surprised if NPR et al do not have access to it!