PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 11:36
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rimmer
Carnage
We had a brief about NAPs from our NAPs and APS Trustees, during the brief it was asked the very question do the pilots get more out of NAPs than they contribute, the reply was >> on an individual basis contributions cover the individuals funding but because of the career structure of certain group ( when questioned it was explained as increments and near guaranteed promotion ) flight crew who start with BA as cadets or early do take more out of NAPs proportionally that their lifetimes contributions cover compared to other groups.
That answer from the trustees is self-contradictory. If an individuals contributions cover an individuals funding then why do they need extra funding and who are they taking it from? If that is the case then I very much suspect that any extra funding is coming from the body of pilots who start later (on more money), put more in and take less out. The trustees maintain that as a whole, the pilot community takes out the same proportion as it puts in, give or take a couple of percentage points up or down each year. If some people in the pilot community are doing better out of it than others then thats an internal matter for the pilot community. Overall they are not stitching any other employee group up.

Joetom - I'd like all MPS and new staff on the new NAPS deal too, but given mind that the GMBs only strategy in these current negotiations was to use the pilots pensions to fund their members share of the deficit do you think I can trust them to push for collective improvements in T+Cs with the pilots? Not a chance!