PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 08:11
ands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OzyOS

OzyOS

Thanks again for putting all of the effort into writing such a detailed response and including really relevant information.

I'll take along the pictures I submitted with my online application. I'm glad to hear they don't have to be taken by a professional, because I just borrowed a really good digital camera and its owner (who luckily was willing to take numerous photos so I could select the ones that looked the best) and found a white wall in my house. I figured that if Emirates interviewed me and wanted something else they would let me know, and then I would go out and spend the money to have them taken professionally. But i think the person who took my photos should consider a career in studio photography, because I thought they turned out really well.

And also, thanks for the information regarding the other photos. I'll have to start hitting my friends up and rummaging through my family's albums. I actually quite like the idea of these photos. I mean, anyone can smile and look friendly and professional in a studio, but i think 'normal' photographs would really give an insight into what someone is 'really' like.

Another wave of questions (sorry, they keep on coming to me intermittently)...

Would it be easier to have all of the documents (copies of passport, degree, photos, etc) in some form of folder (or plastic sleave), or would this be annoying for the interviewers? I think a folder would appear a little more polite and organised (rather than handing over a whole pile of papers), but then i don't want to disrupt any existing systems they may have (eg photos on top, CV underneath, ...).

Also, (bearing in mind this is my first ever 'proper' interview) is it acceptable to bring a bag. I'm thinking along the lines of a shoulder bag rather than a hand bag (being male) or a backpack (not wanting to look like a student)? I will likely have to catch the train to the interview and it would just be easier having everything 'contained'.