PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 06:04
OzyOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there ands, the reports that you had written about you sound great! The fact that they also touch on teamwork etc even better . It just gives them a different edge about you....cover all angles I say, because those last few days/weeks waiting to hear from EK can be intense (feels like your on a thread, and although you want the phone to ring, you dont as well just incase there is bad news on the end )and you will take comfort that you were assessed on every aspect that you presented to them.....from what I can read you have the right attitude and I think you will do just fine

Regarding photo's, I took one standard head shot and one standard full length shot with me (in business attire). I took these at home against a blank white wall, and they were fine as EK never asked for any other pictures (except the smaller ones done which was after I had landed the job to bring with me to Dubai) I know a lot of people go to such expense to have these pictures done professionally and if you have that type of money then great, but its definitely not going to dictate whether you get the job or not if the pictures were done by a professional or by yourself.

As long as the pictures are clear/good resolution, its fine. Anyway, EK will let you know if the ones you submitted aren't exactly what they need (again doesnt mean you wont get the job....sorry to keep repeating myself, but you would be suprised how many people believe that they didnt get the job because their pictures wern't good enough for EK, which is a complete myth)

Oh yeah, nearly forgot! Also take with you a few photo's that are of you in your 'natural surroundings'. By this I mean, not business attire, but when you were on holiday, doing a sport you love, enjoying any activity. Its a new thing EK are doing (to see what you are like outside of work activities.....to actually see your personality more) These pictures still need to be acceptable, by which i mean, not in swimmers, no alcohol in picture, still covered up in all the right places (as this is still a muslim country) so if you have time to prepare these, excellent, if not then if you get through the process they will probably contact you when they are sorting through your details over here and ask you to email some through......but if you can prepare them earlier, you come across very organised

I also gave them (with my resume on the first day) the copies of my passport etc, which when it came to my final one on one interview, they made a comment of thanking me for being organised.....every little bit counts

Ok, (I apologise for having written so much) but If I can throw out as much information as i know, then hopefully it will see all of you here sooner than later!!

If you need anything else, ask away and I will do my best to answer!

Cheers