PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 16th Jan 2007, 22:54
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actualy he only has very limited legal opportunities to back out. The "due diligence" process did not give him such an opportunity
Complete and utter cobblers. The due diligence process is the ONLY opportunity to back out, that is the whole point of the process. It can have whatever parameters were agreed to, and I am absolutely certain that you are not privy to them. Those parameters can include satisfactory resolution of staffing issues.

If I were JF, I would be extremely happy that staff are leaving - the more, the better! The staff are his only liability in this venture. As I understand it, he isn't taking any of the airframes, they are all being returned to lessors. So the staff, their T & Cs, pensions etc become his problem, and the more he can get rid of, the cheaper the outcome for him. And the power of the union diminishes with every resignation...

The best outcome for JF is the cash from BA, as few legacy crews as possible, and no competition on the ex-BACON routes. He will always be able to find raw F/O's for the Dash, and will continue to promote at the earliest opportunity. Life will go on.

What some of you BACON guys need to wake up to, is that your old T & Cs are history and the more of you that leave, the less clout you have. The other thing is that JF doesn't need you, you only think he does.

BTW I don't think any of this is a good thing, and it is hard to see a once-promising operation turn into dust before your eyes. However, just pretending that you have some intrinsic value to flybe in this situation, and that you will therefore get your way, is not a good thing either.