PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 21:46
jayc004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by badboy raggamuffin
so how many hours a day do you get on the CPL and IR training. Only about 1 by the sound of it, that is not enough in my opinion.
Just a quick one on this aswell. I did normally 2 sessions a day on the CPL, and when in the sim a 1.5 hour session and debrief, then back seated my sim partner.
Dont under estimate the importance of backseating. It effectively doubles your time.
You do 35 hours in the sim, (going onto the plane after 28 hours), then you do 15 hours in the plane. This is more then enough time to get to grips with the dimmond as its like flying a computer. Lovely plane to fly.
I initially started with one plane and sim session a day, but then towards the end moved onto 2 sessions. Believe me, that is overload when you start. Dont foget to plan a route and do all the blog and things you need to do will take an hour before the off blocks time. Then you have to fly and concentrate for over hour solid looking at a computer screen. Land, and then immidiately start planning your next flight. You have no time to think about what you have just done in the previous flight, so you'll most likely make the same mistakes in the second flight....effectively wasting £400 and 1.5 hours plane time.
My opinion....stick with what they suggest. They know what they are doing as they have been doing it alot longer then you. You'll end up doing 8 hours a week, and then another 8 hours backseating. That is a good ratio.