PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 16th Jan 2007, 19:28
Ghengis Cant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HB there is a popular myth doing the rounds that Frenchyboy can back out of this deal at his whim.

This is an illusion he likes to perpetuate himself in order to build his own machismo when it comes to dealing with BACON Balpa who have so far refused to roll over.

Actualy he only has very limited legal opportunities to back out. The "due diligence" process did not give him such an opportunity.........(it could have done). The contract he has signed with BA carries some pretty heinous penalties if he backs out other than for good and specified cause.

Believe me or not as you will, but I will tell you now that failure on behalf of BACOn Balpa to accept his demands for rewriting contractual policies does not give him such an opportunity.

Like it or not he is on the hook and he has very very little opportunity to get out of the deal in any manner that would not leave him covered in SHoneT and substantialy the poorer.....to say nothing of his damaged City cred.

The penny is dropping just now that one third of Bacon pilots have already committed to go and the same number are also heading for the exits........so something needs to give...and fast.............else this is going to end up as a total shambles.

Those remaining in BACON will have a ballot on the terms thrashed out before they are accepted.............so if MR F is half the man I think he is then he will take a reality check and soon.

That reality check will involve making FLYBE the most attractive option available to those of us remaining who so far have given him the benefit of the doubt.................