PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 17:54
Rimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaulW
Ddnt realise you were engineering but a few points for you.
Firstly i agree Amicus can be poor but at the end of the day the reps know when the chips are down the guys wont support them - Your correct but its not entirely the unions fault you and i are to blame.
Secondly what happened with JAR66 ( with its agreement for 2 types and most only do two ) is you got an internationally recognised qualification without doing any kind of exam, thats something all the other UK airlines never had and something it has taken me 10 years of hard graft to achieve, from the union point of view in the UK it was a major result, BA would have been happy to demote all the technicians and then hand pick the ones it wanted back in grade, as it is BA is the only airline in the UK with 10% carpet fitters as licensed engineers!

Quote"But we have admiration for those of us within BA that have the balls to stand up for what they believe in."

So might i if i knew what thier issues are, very soon BA will take them to pieces if they strike, if i dont know what their issues are how on earth could they hope for support from the public, BA has a increadible spin machine and it will turn the public to BAs side very quick.
I am with you on Pay, so what if they do well , Willy Walsh does OK and as i remember a certain SIR Rod Eddington did ok for doing well ...........nothing