PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 17:50
Sabre-Rattler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are some comments from the litle darlings

They would sacrifice every last one of us if it meant more in their pockets at the end of the day. They should realise that Continental and US Airways will most definately go pop sometime this year, that in itself would add a surplus of some 8000 pilots to the aviation job market. All with curent licences on all of our aircraft types....... I have a friend who is a captain with Continental on 747's, senior too, currently earning $85,000 per annum (£44,000)........Our 747 skippers boast a minimum pre-tax pay packet of £110,000 plus....... Who's overpaid now? Buy one, Get Two Free!
FlyboyBA I have to agree that yours is the post of the day.
I'm angry with them for bellowing for months like irritable bulls about 'their' pensions. Then when their reps sell them down the river and leave us isolated they have the absolute cheek to start dissing us. They sold out on flight pay and regretted it, they did the same on sickness and now on pensions. As they seem to have no balls at all what is it that they sit there scratching all day?
Don't the FC just whine on and on like an old airbus about their pensions. But as soon as the £££ signs r shown, they sell their souls 2 the devil. I agree with u delankev, FC have no balls at all!
They have mansions, flats in the alps or dordogne(not all of them though) , their basic is higher , they have a medical pension : we don t , they allways ask for the food from 1st class and some of them not all of them can make your life miserable if the beef is too salty or their tea too white ...I am cabin crew, here to serve passengers and look after Flight Deck if I am the galley bird but I am neither a private cook nor a domestic , in the country where I live they call it Chacha . We must stand together as Cabin Crew and stick with our union . I just want to think that the guys who placed these comments are a minority and only a minority but they are the same sad nigels we get on board sometimes.
Thank you BASSA
Just did a trip last week with a training Capt ; he was giving off loads of spin basically trying to encourage us no to strike, and that really all the issues where not that important, certainly not worth loosing your job over, which he insisted would probably happen, and we would then have to fight to get them back!
Me thinks he had been given his orders from above, I suppose training does mean he represents management. Needless to say he hardly got any response, and nobody bothered to talk to him afterwards.

Go get em Willie. £50k for CSD? Now's yuor chance.