PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 16:43
bushbolox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by apaddyinuk
they are now the minority, we are the majority and we are barely paid enough to get by!
Paddy
You later state that you ONLY take home 1400-1700 a month .
Many many cabin crew from the independant sector would kill for that and GET BY on less.TRY LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS. What ever the skills needed for your job , it is , as stated, unskilled in economic terms. IE not professional level.Your choice to do it. A huge part of the industry earn less for much more work and dont get the staff travel,hotlines, and rosta stability that you do. Oh and I forgot, they also have to have interviews after sick, have to produce DR letters over Xmas or any other embargo period and generally work harder.In other words you new sick policy is a breeze. You have been exposed to it due to abuse. I would bet a months money(about 1400-1700) that its the same abusers now braying loudly for a strike
As for the general public they are just going to think you are taking the p1ss.
I also endorse from personnal experience the MOSTLY surly attitudes from BA crew including the snooty snarls from positioning longhaul crew, in uniform, on the shuttle should you dare to sit next to them.The snarl decreases slightly if they catch a glimpse of an industry ID or paraphinalia. Still its first impresions that count. I also dont want to be treated to a bitchy whiney conservation booming from the galley however the crews in LGW seem generally better, but they are usually new, so lets see. Mybe just tarred with the same brush
Again, GENERALLY, amongst operating longhaul crew the feed em and **** em off philosophy is alive and well from my extensive positioning and personnal travel. I had a friend moan last year they they didnt get a rest on a Cairo, the Dubai crew on one flight must have been hiding with Bin Laden...and so it goes.
You will be broken. Generally, as a workforce, behind the woolly concern you pretend to have for each other, are as a rule selfish, bitchy and dont have the balls for it. Arthurs or Marthas. The bottom line, your package is not that bad, (wages wages calm down dear) and the support thin on the ground for your plight. Certainly amongst your industry peers.
Inshort Paddy
You lot are starting to believe your own Bullsh1t

ps please note the generalisations are intentional. This is because generally thats what people notice, not your little language badge.
Ps pm me if you need a job in a week. You seem like a nice bloke and we need a few juniors. Or if you prefer to avoid reality i could post you the obligatory pins to stick in your eyes if you'd rather do that. (ps thats Flight crew type sarcasm, not wooly CC carey sharey crocodile tears)

Last edited by bushbolox; 16th Jan 2007 at 17:01. Reason: sarcasm