PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 16:41
Rimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaulW
I am all for defending Terms and Conditions but i know of no written signed union agreements that BA are trying to change, i am not here for a wind up i want to know what they are trying to change, believe me if you do go out BA has a fantastic PR machine and to have support you will need to be clear on what they are doing, as now i don't see it.
Quote "Engineers have a reached a point of such apathy with our union that we will not defend our terms and conditions just moan about them. But that does not stop us from making observations or supporting our colleagues."
No idea what you are trying to say there mate.
AP
I commiserate with you over the interview i have had one or two, however its the same there for you and I, the time to oppose EG300 has passed and being unhappy is not a good enough reason to strike.
As for your other comments if you have an agreement to certain pay levels and BA are changing them without negotiation you have my and the majority of the engineers support
PaulW
Tell me about it but your guilty of the same as me Envy, we in engineering have 2 increments and that's it, do the pilots do well Payment Vs payout from NAPs over their Careers - blood right they do certainly better than us, I see no reason at all why my Union should recommend acceptance, however going off track, if you said to me BA were enforcing changes to my pension that are not the same as other groups we would know what's happening and you would get 100% support.
Quote "That is why flight crew stand to lose the most. The final salary pension APS or naps is a fantastic deal for staff who have a pay that more than doubles in the term of their employment. An average salary pension or money purchase pension will never match that deal. In fact as an ex cadet pay will quadruple in the term of employment!"
We know that as well, we believe its one of the reasons for the £2.1 Billion deficit but you announced your strike ballot with negotiations continuing, if its the pension we might join you!

Hotel
Quote"As for secret deals, well all the unions (except those that were too busy) were at the meeting so i dont see what the big secret was.

Seems the GMB found it though!