PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 15:33
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rimmer
I agree with you the new contract rates are rubbish, that isn't part of this dispute though as far as i knew, i would imagine if the big earners are now the minority the way to go is for Bassa to offer BA something in exchange for a review ( longhaul / shorthaul integration maybe )?
Maybe you should ask for expenses to be incorperated?
So what is BA trying to change that you have written down as a union agreement?
Actually you will find that it is part of the current ballot under "new starter rates"! More specifically I think they are actually after altering the "capping" rates which we have on our salaries after 7 years. Although you are probably right about the eg300 sackings. But again when the company is using it as a threat to dispose of staff its not very nice. I am currently in stage 3 as I have been off sick for a period of time as a result of a broken limb, now I cant perform my duties under FCO's so why should I have to be intimidated in a meeting before returning to work especially when the interviewers have no medical or physio skills?
L337...It doesnt bloody matter what the name of the thread is, my point is that there are some rather bizarre postings in their from BA f/d on cloud cuckoo land! Fortunately I am very pro flight deck (rare in BA i know and perhaps I should not be) but I always defend them....just not a few certain individuals. However I dont think the cabin crew possible going on strike should be a "them and us" topic simply because we do totally different jobs and totally different pay levels, we simply work on the same tubs!!!

Its very sad because I dont think we will ever see in BA the likes of support amongst colleagues as we had in EI when willie was doing his business whereby Cabin Crew went out in support of the flight deck crew! Now that was a strong message of no confidence. I just dont think people have the balls in BA!