PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 14:53
PaulW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It disappoints me that for months now my flight crew colleagues have been asking me "so what are you guys doing about the pension, are you going to support us?" As soon as a deal is acceptable to BALPA, the crew start moaning about how could other people be so inconsiderate to threaten strike action and endanger all our jobs. Somewhat hypocritical. BALPA members within BA have very good terms and conditions because the union and its members have been prepared to threaten to defend them, with a strong united union. When another group of staff customer service group on less than 12000 a year or cabin crew have the balls to defend their terms and conditions you criticize them. Fair play to the crew if they pull it off, but I suspect it may backfire on them. The company has grown wise to strike action and the benefits of such action has dwindled. As recent experiences have proved. BA will not be endangered and neither will our jobs. Those that strike will run the risk of just losing out on lost wages for not working and possibly returning on new contracts. But it is a gamble they think is worth taking and I hope it works them. If any of you were in their position you would agree to defend your terms and conditions too.