PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 12:32
OzyOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there ands, the very same thing happened to me when I registered for the open day, I was under the assumption that we would recieve some sort of confirmation but didnt. Thinking back however, after I filled in the online application form, I remember taking note of an 'application no#' or something as such. This number they will ask if you have with you at the interview and to place it on the forms they ask you to fill out.

If you dont have your application no# with you, then its nothing to be concerned about, it just makes it easier for them here in Dubai to access you online application when it comes to viewing your resume details.

Huge tip!! Bring a FULL copy of your resume with you on the day, as they will ask for you to hand it in to them, and will keep the entire lot to take to Dubai for final decision if you make it through the interview stages. Put any information that you believe will help secure a position for you here at EK. Because at the end of the day, the thousands of people they interview and see...you want something in your resume that can make you stand out from the rest. The final decision is done here, from how you look on paper and your picture and you cant be here to defend yourself.

I included all my certificates, diploma's, letters of thanks from customers I had looked after in the past, letters from management offering thanks for my help etc, etc, etc. I loved that fact that EK happily took all of this with them, its rare as most airlines just want work history and education.....which is great, but doesnt actually show how others percieve you to work with......so any letters of recommendation/thanks include them!! And I might just be seeing you here in the near future

Just one more thing in general to all. I keep reading about people worrying if their make-up wont be perfect, of their dress wont be perfect etc, etc, etc. Its great that you are all so very keen for this position, but seriously guys, your are putting too much emphasis on the wrong things.

I never wear foundation, my make-up is always very light and neutral (except for the red or brown lipstick, which i would definitely recommend to wear at the interviews) and my dress for the interview was very smart but basic, black suit with white shirt and red neck scarf. Hair was tied back neatly off the face in a simple ponytail with a red ribbon around it (no fly-away-bits). They are not looking for supermodels, nor are they looking for perfection as there are plenty of girls and guys working here at the moment that still have pimples and faults....we are all only human.

Wear a SMILE and keep your dress fresh and neat, but most importantly professional and focus more on how you are going to answer those lovely interview questions that we all dread!!! Practice talking in groups and be aware if you are too pushy in getting your point across, or dont talk enough etc. They are looking for balanced individuals that are team players

Cheers
p.s I stay calm by shifting my focus when I am under pressure. If I think to myself "Oh my gosh!!! I am at the Emirates interviews.....If I dont get this I dont know what i will do...I want it soooo bad!" I would completely stress myself out and lose it!! So i choose to think "Ok, Im here, just another day, that will be over very quickly, I have prepared as much as I possibly can, If I dont get it, no big deal, wasnt meant to be for now, but I know i have done the best I could and I can always re-apply"....takes that horrible pressure off instantly

Last edited by OzyOS; 16th Jan 2007 at 13:39.