PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 3
Thread: CARDIFF - 3
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 11:25
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now the Staff canteen has gone, they should extend into the service yard..... and how about a small extra domestic arrivals hall by the new pier (by security lodge) to save all the heartache and farcical arguments with immigration and their prescious new hall!!!
I totall agree with Cardiff with this, during the demolition of the tent all flights have to go through imigration (like a normal airport) but immigration has to have a phone call to say that were bringing in a domestic. It would help greatly if there were to be a domestic arrivals over by stand 12/13/14.

It also another good idea to build out to the service yard to extend departures, but the only porblem with that is BK food village and Scrum V bar will all have to move to take the departures out.

On the other hand i believe the reason the canteen has gone is that down the bottom where the aviance ticket desk is located or the canteern/ there will be stairs to enter departures. There will either be a security point on the ground floor or at the top of the new stairs which would make all of upstairs airside. I feel this would be an excellent idea as would cut down on passengers going through into departures at the last minute, and may bring us in some new retail investment.

Where the tend was located, i believe there will be a new extension to the terminal, where either the departures or exec lounge will be extended.

Looking at the first choice web site. From Cardiff there maybe two aircraft based there on a monday as total flying times exceed 24 hours but the remainder of the week's flights total flying time will only support 1 a/c.