PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 11:09
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A fight has been called on a mixed bag of unmotivating issues. That is why there will be trouble keeping support when the sack is threatened. I know the sickness arrangements are draconian- nobody can deny the CC sickness figures have been just hilarious, with cancelled services for shortages of CC bad at Wimbledon/Henley/Ascot times. This was needing to be addressed, and everybody has copped it as a result. What the CC are complaining about regarding crewing is something outside that has been worked for years. The greater limitations on flight times by CC than even by the pilots is not something people outside will understand and needs to be addressed. I cannot believe the way I have seen CC work outside- the company cannot remain an ivory tower and WW knows that. A comparison of BA Longhaul CC and Virgin crew shows why this strike will fail. Merely instigating the strike means the company has been handed the means to break the union, and after those daft scenes At the BASSA meeting, there will be absolutely no sympathy. Sadly, you are on a loser.