PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adam Air B737-400 fatal crash January 2007
Old 16th Jan 2007, 10:56
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V1,
Many are now speaking, and previously expected, no one would listen until there is a smoking hole in the ground somewhere. My friend left Adam because they shunned him after he raised safety concerns, but thankfully he wasn't sued, because he was type rated when he came in, so the contract bond was negligeable.
Another friend left Adam after almost being killed on an unreported accident.
Another left as soon as his bond period was over.
Another friend left because she ended up in hospital with typhoid & fatigue thanks to >100hrs a month flying (let alone duty), and 6-1 roster.

Many of them have preferred to just leave and not say anything, the reason is that, employment is not easy over here nowadays, but this company abused it. One by one people will break and leave... Talking would just make them and their families suffer, and employment in the industry will be harder.

As for me, I never was in Adam, hence the options of taking it further safely was limited, and I'd put those who were talking at an even greater risk. As you said, it's everyone's choice, and not an easy choice it is. Especially those pilots with a huge contract bond, a mortgage and a wife with three kids to feed... a lawsuit for some silly reason because he left the company would put them out on the streets, literally!

I'd leave you with a quote from one who worked in Adam tried to speak up, but then realised it was best to leave than fight a loosing battle... Even he feels saddened.
Inallilahi KKW.

I touched you many times . I reduce your load with my own bare hand due to your engine condition at that time. I yell at another person at that time because I know you weren't fit to fly. I re-calculated your plan because you can not legally fly RVSM airspace sometimes. I don't mind loosing my job at that time as long as you, the crews, the passangers, are save and sound.

The engineers, operations personnel, crew, we all know that you need to rest. We all know that you are tired.
Too tired to fly. Too tired to do anything. All you need is just a little bit of Tender Loving Care from the "upper hands."

No more the non-bright-couloured PKKKW. You are one of a kind. In the sea of oranges, you are the brightest one.
You are gone now. Taking all the crews and the passangers with you.

I am sorry. I am very sorry for not being to be able to protect you anymore. I wasn't there at the time. I was unable to protect you, the crews, and the passangers. Now you are gone...

My heart is always with you... I'll see you when my time comes
Sigh...

God Bless Them.

PK-KAR