PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 10:53
atyourcervix73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M Mouse,
Pot calling the kettle black me thinks.....your post is also loaded with clichés
Whilst your observations have merit, you miss the key issue here, the workforce have spoken in a unified and unprecedented fashion that the current management ineptitude and bullying cannot continue in its present form.

Most BA CC accept that there needs to be a revamp of certain working practices, but its a two way rather than one way process....which seems to be lost or conveniently forgotten by a large section of posters on here.
The strike ballot and its overwhelming support is indicative of the frustration felt by the ordinary CC members who want to be part of the solution, rather than viewed as part of the problem

I would agree that BASSA are guilty at times of overstating issues, but on balance BA management could never be called honest brokers, in point of fact, the middle managers appear to be inept, lacking intelligence, and generally unable to manage.
WW has a fight on his hands, he must find some middle ground with BASSA, his neck is on the line here as much as anyone else IMHO

Rainboe, don't equate the lack of will(or collusion) shown by BALPA members within BA as something that current CC members possess (just ask the Eurofleet drivers how happy they are with their current deal)
Perhaps you would be happy to be told that because of a perforated eardrum the company would begin formal ((Sickness monitoring?) procedures to discipline you..........as happened two weeks ago to a CC friend of mine.

Last edited by atyourcervix73; 16th Jan 2007 at 11:06.