PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 16th Jan 2007, 10:11
starrzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Training from zero in Florida

Hey, I've been floating about this forum for a while now, with little posts. I am in a similar situation to many I'm sure; zero hours flying with the ambition to fly a big jet powered bird for an airline preferably based at an airport close to my home

My birthday is coming up soon, and my parents have booked me in for an introductory 45 minute flight which is great!! I am 20 (soon to be 21) in third year university and currently on placement (working 2 jobs as a multimedia designer and a postman). Final year will begin October 2007 so I'll be back to part-time posting and a student loan.
From what I have seen, my best option would be to continue with the course and hopefully graduate with a 2:1 in May 2008, then apply like f**k to courses like CTC cadets and stuff. However, £60,000 is scary . So, i've been thinking, maybe save my f**kin ass off from now until August/September and (this may be wish-ful thinking money-wise, but i'm interested in your opinions) start off with this course: http://www.flyoft.com/pilot_course.php .
That'll be me broke for final year, but hopefully have my PPL. Then do something similar at the end of 2008/beginning of 2009 to get the CPL. Basically I am interested to know whether how other people have started from zero, or how they intend to. To self-fund or take out an enormous loan. Or, both.
I don't know if I even have a point here, or a question but thats my situation.
P.S. please don't tear me apart for any forum-rules i haven't complied with here
Cheers!!