PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 10:03
Marvo

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
My wife is CC for BA and voted "YES", I drive for a low-co. Her take home pay on LHR Euro fleet is only marginally above that of the cabin crew at my LOW-CO. I believe she works hard for her money and it shouldn't be the issue. I think she is rewarded for her efforts. What I believe to be the companies concern is the local and archaic agreements such as only being able to operate short or domestic sectors after you have flown in from say, Rome. Long haul cabin crew are paid an obscene amount for the service they provide if you take into account expenses, averaging 50K (in my honest opinion). I would be interested to know the difference in pay between Virgin and BA long haul .

Bassa would like staff at LGW to take part. However this union is also the union that refuses to recognise service at the regionals. So if you fly as CC 5 years down at LGW then transfer to LHR you start at the bottom again ! I would tell them to F***ING poke it!..

Tough times ahead in my household, maybe we should switch to tescos value brand now.