PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar International Getting It Right.........Not
Old 16th Jan 2007, 07:58
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beer Bong, that is indeed the question we are waiting for and answer on.
If it Bali, I am directing traffic (with board coffins containing 3-5 boards) onto GA, and as always they are having no problems, just impacts rather than landings and full service with free Bintang opposed to buy it and pay a potential fortune for excess. The $100.00 fare difference is well worth the expense. I love GA. They are pleasantly confused and treat you very nicely.
As for Hawaii, nobody has been able to advise me accurately what is charged for a board coffin on JQ and what number of boards constitute a particular charge.
I have a bunch of crew there at the moment but most all are on the QF codeshare side of the aeroplane and should technically be afforded the 2 piece system and their normal QF Club and Gold/Platinum (yes many professional surfers are Golds and Platinums) baggage leeway.
I would suggest booking QF one way and qf on JQ in the other direction so you will be fed etc etc and get the 2 piece allowance and frantic flapper points if you are a member. It is not much dearer.
Will advise as the horror stories come in.
Best all
EWL