PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the chances I could get a job in China?
Old 16th Jan 2007, 07:32
purple head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have a PRC passport, you could get a job with most of the private airlines in China and despite what someone else wrote above they are private and have no ownership from the government, that's just bull. The pay will be around 20-25,000 rmb/month after you become an FO, so should be enough to cover your training loan and leave you with +15,000 rmb. Depending on your extra training cost to the airline (not just a type rating, but also Chinese written exams <in English> 20 hours high performance training in something like a citation or a Y-7 and Chinese IR and CPL flight test) you would be bonded for about 5-10 years, but I know that this is going to increase quite a lot, but don't know the amount. You can of course leave and pay back the money owing depending on length of service at any time. Your situation would be very different to the Chinese pilots that were totally trained by the big state airlines and are bonded for life, or need to pay millions of rmb to leave. Your big problem is that you should be able to speak Chinese as that's a now (it did not used to be) a requirement by the airlines that I know that have taken foreign trained FO's.
Also life here is not so bad, in fact I would say I actually really enjoy living here at presen.t Sure the airlines have screwed (and I mean really screwed with lives) some people over, including me (but also at times they have been very good and accomodating to me ), but then tell me an airline company in today’s world that hasn't at sometime said to its junior flight crew, ok turn round bend over????