PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2007, 21:51
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wish some over paid crew would take a few minutes out to see how good they've got it. Seriously, you have. Most other airlines do not have such a thing as crew rest. I've been on a flight where the crew have walked through the cabin in shirt, tie and pyjama bottoms!!!! How professional! I'm not based at the golden runways, but I'm allegedly working for the same company. At LGW we get told every day by pax how friendly and chatty etc we are. Lots of pax prefer flying from LGW because it's less hassle, fewer delays and we're professional. So, what's my rant about? Well, all the issues bassa has decided to ballot about, we already deal with at LGW. We work 3 crew on the 737. We have one CM and one Purser on the 777 whether it's 3 class or 4 class. We're on hourly pay (and survive!). The difference is that I and a majority of my colleagues at LGW are fed up with being sold down the river by our so-called colleagues at LHR for years but they expect us to stand up for them and strike. It winds me up. I'd be happy to vote for a strike if the issues actually affect me, but they don't (apart from the little breakfast allowance that was added at the end of the form as we were kicking off about it). I don't want to lose my job. I don't want to have to look for another job. I know I'm not the best paid in the company or indeed the world, but I'm a hell of a lot better paid than a lot of other people. I'm not starving to death and I can still afford a glass of wine when I want. It's called living within your means without being greedy. Sorry for the rant, had to get it out of my system...