PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2007, 21:10
GS-Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rimmer, there is no need for an apology. I am simply correcting you in the hope that you will understand that pilots really are getting shafted by this deal just as much as the rest of the workgroups. The initial BA proposal had me losing about 60% of my pension. Now I stand to lose something like 20 to 30%. I am not particularly happy about this, but I understand that we would be shooting ourselves in the foot to make BA pay more. I honestly think they are being made to pay all that they can afford right now.
However, I also believe that by the time they have finished their war on other terms and conditions, they would have been able to pay the deficit no problem, and now will not be made to.
GS-Alpha
PS I know that BALPA decided not to chase a review mechanism because they thought that knowing BA, it would not work in the employees' favour. But this does not mean that we cannot go back and ask for more should that situation arise.
I know nothing of whether there will be an RPI cap on APS. In the short term (next 5 years or so), I do not expect that we will get a payrise above RPI anyway. But two decades away, who on Earth knows?