PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2007, 20:58
747-436

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I support the BA Cabin crew with some aspects of their gripe like being screwed over by management but they have to give in on some things like the stupid rules they have like ‘Industrial Hours’!!! They should go to along the lines of CAP371 like everyone else, or the same hours as pilots if they have different, as the Cabin Crew can’t go anywhere without the pilots!!

Cabin crew are the face of BA and have a strong influence on whether a passenger will use BA again so they should be looked after by management, along with all other employees!

I hope for BA’s sake and everyone that works there that this is resolved without resorting to Industrial Action
I think some passengers are probably losing patience at the moment and other airlines such as Virgin and the European major airlines must be looking forward to the BA passengers.
If I was a business passenger I would avoid BA at all costs at the moment, even though I like flying with BA as most of the crews that have looked after me in flight have been fantastic!
There are just too many things that could go wrong, and cabin crew threatening to go on strike is another thing. This may not be felt too much at the time but in 6 months the high rolling passengers that make BA a lot of its money could have gone elsewhere, and that will hurt.

I do hope that something is done about some of the shockingly outdated working practices of some of the ground staff (i.e. Loaders and some other ramp staff) But that is another issue entirely!