PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Branch Officer Flying Pay
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2007, 20:53
Sentry Agitator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perivod

I too have been JPA'd although my sitch is a little different to yours. I'm an FC commissioned whilst on Sentry and returned after completing IOT so therefore not perm entitled to FP. I read the afforementioned 3392 and was sure I was entitled to higher rate, having served on Sentry for 10 years and done 18 in total. Surely enough JPAC confirmed my query and backdated my rate to 1 April but didn't give a qual date? My mistake was to query again under legacy for the actual qual date, at which point PMA (god blessem) decided they wanted all the money back. A tidy little sum no less! I'm waiting for it to hit the pay packet so that I can appeal...the only course offered to me although I still don't think its right. There are lots of conflicting paras that intimate you could receive a different rate but the man at del PMA say NO! theres a one liner as a catch all.

The problem: the AP changed 1 Apr 03 for all of us commissioned from the ranks after this date -meaning we don't have any reserved rights WRT timing. I've been advised that I have to do another 2.5 years on middle rate before going onto higher rate. A bit of a bugger but apparently there are rather a lot of us in the same sitch!

Sorry buddy....not what you want to hear I'm sure but keep me posted on how you get on.